Friday, March 22, 2013

DIY Baby Mobile Part 1

Okay, so sadly my daughter will be 5 months old next week and we've barely finished her room! We've painted, added the crib, added a bookshelf, and the rocking chair (and we did that 2 months ago). It's been a slow process, but sometimes it just has to be. The only time we can honestly get anything done is during naps and bedtime. Which is fine with me, it may take forever, but hey, it's okay.

Anyways, I decided to make her mobile. Mostly because at this point in time we cannot afford a music mobile and none of them honestly match her decor. Plus, she also has a musical toy that she sleeps with and loves; so, there is no need for one.

Here's what I've done so far:

I grabbed some old and I mean old wooden needle point circles. I honestly can't remember what they're called! I'm using two, one small and one large.

Next, I grabbed my scissors and a roll of ribbon from the baby shower that we threw last year. Trying to reuse as much as possible.

Okay, here's the part where you kind of have to eyeball everything. In order to wrap around the ribbon with minimal pieces, I just unraveled as much ribbon as I could and cut it. On the larger one, I ran out right near the end. So, to remedy it I just taped the end to the wood and cut another piece and kept on.

Here are both completed. Now, of course you do see the fact that I still have the metal screws still showing. To remedy this I just grabbed some paint from my bucket and tried to match it to the ribbon as much as possible.

I would say that's a pretty close match!

I did put two coats of paint on the screws to avoid being able to see the gold. Once both of them dry I'll be able to add the rest. I can't wait! I'm hoping it turns out okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment