Saturday, July 5, 2014

We've Moved!!

Hey Guys!! 

I've moved this blog on over to Simple Love, Southern Love. With everything that's changing in my life, I just wanted something to reflect that change. 

You can now find everything over there. Posts have also been moved, so at times you will find many of the posts with the same logo "Two Daisies and an Elephant" as well as many with the "Simple Love, Southern Love"... no worries it is me :). 

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pumpkins and Bleach... Oh My!

A woman at the grocery store told me while I was looking at pumpkins that if you either rub it with bleach water or dunk it in bleach water that the pumpkin will last longer. So, I decided to try it. I just grabbed some bleach and poured a little bit into a container of water. I then grabbed a paper towel and wiped the pumpkin with the bleach water. It made the pumpkin super shiny, so hopefully it'll work. I'll let you know what happens. 

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oh Hole No!

Back in March we found a few places with what looked to be mold on the upper portions of the wall in our living room. Of course we were freaked out, especially with just buying the house back in December. So, we decided to go ahead and don some gear and break through the walls just to make sure there were not any major problems behind it. Fortunately, there was nothing. We decided to investigate a little further with a a few scrubbings and started to notice it was dirt and grime. The people who acquired this place before us just slapped some paint on the walls and called it a day. 

Now, pretty much 7 month's later we're finally getting to the holes. They were covered with contact paper to match the wall color. However, with E's birthday coming up I decided it was time to fix it. 

I just grabbed a few plaster patches from Walmart (they were about 2.97 for 2) and then a galvanized steel patch. Following the directions I placed the patches onto the walls and wet them. Then waited 30 minutes. 

After 30 minutes, I was able to cover them up. 

For my first time doing this, I think I did a pretty awesome job. Horrible place to have to sand, but in the end it looks good. I need to fix a corner piece where I caught it while sanding, but otherwise it's still holding strong. I just can't wait to paint it now. 

Friday, September 20, 2013

Baby E is GROWING UP! - Pulling Out ALL The Safety Stops

Well, over the past few weeks Baby E has COMPLETELY found the cabinet doors. She doesn't pull anything out, but she does LOVE to open and close them.

So, after I fixed the door (I seriously couldn't stand looking at a crooked door any longer)... I pulled my husband in to help me put the safety latches on. I marked where they were to go and he drilled.

It took us about an hour. Mostly because we were also entertaining a 10 month old at the same time with silly dances. We couldn't resist.

Here's the beginning with the sticky tape holding it up.

Here's the end result. 

I will say that these things are awesome! Baby E doesn't play with the cabinets as much since she can't fully open them. However, it does pull out a few dammit moments. I FORGET EVERY TIME!!! Seriously, I go to open the door and it automatically shuts. Great for babies, horrible for adults ;). 

Still Available! - FREE Mrs. Dash Seasoning Packet: Chili or Taco

Through the next 37 days when you "like" Mrs. Dash on Facebook you can play to win a free seasoning packet or entries into the contest to win $2,500.

You can play up to 3 times a day, as long as you share to earn more entries.

It's a fun little game that tests your hand-eye coordination.

Good Luck!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Slightly Fixing Our Kitchen Cabinets

When my husband and I moved into this house 9 months ago one of the cabinet doors was slightly off. We ignored it and figured "hey, we can fix it once we get settled." Here we are 9 months later, still not settled, and it's still not fixed.

However, this go round we had a little motivation to fix the cabinets. Our daughter. She's figured out how to open/close each of them and that's the first thing she does every morning now. Unless she sees the dogs bowls.

So, I grabbed the drill and pulled out the screws. It was completely noticeable on why the cabinet was off. With this picture, I've pulled the screws out. But, just imagine that the gap is pretty much like this with the screws in.

I then just sat there and patiently placed it in several different positions. Holding it up with my foot each time. When I finally got it the way I liked it without any real noticeable gaps (the door clearly did not fit there)... I went ahead and drilled the screws back in. 

And it looks A THOUSAND TIMES better!!! See...

Now, onto the main project and motivation for this.... Baby E's Cabinet Safety Locks!!! 

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baby Pool Ball Pit

A few weeks ago, I grabbed a baby pool on clearance at my local Walmart. I couldn't beat the price and I since I needed to take a part the pack and play for our vacation. The balls needed a place to go. 

This also gave Baby E a little more freedom while playing with them. She hated being confined. Plus, she has the opportunities to throw her balls and roll out whenever she feels like it.

A cheap and easy play toy that barely cost $5.00. 

Now, all I have to do is teach our puppies that they can't sneak into her room and steal them whenever they want. They are obsessed!